Morriscountyvarsityboysbasketball Top 10 list for January 2.
1. Morristown (4-1) – The Colonials are off to their best start in years. Their only blemish is a loss to unbeaten Summit in a four overtime marathon.
- Mount Olive (4-1) – The Marauders had fun at the Boardwalk Classic down in Wildwood. Only loss was in opener to unbeaten Sparta.
- Mendham (5-1) – The Kevin Schmid era is off to a good start. The defensive-minded squad also fell to Sparta.
- Chatham (4-2) – The Cougars are deep and like to push the tempo. Losses were to Morristown and state ranked Linden.
- West Morris (4-1) – The Highlanders have bounced back from last year’s struggles and will be ready for Morristown on Thursday night at home.
- Delbarton (3-2) – The Green Wave has shown improvement. They suffered losses to Mendham and Sparta in the Flynn final but they are on the upswing.
- Whippany Park (3-2) – The Wildcats are ready to roar. They have a tight mix of players that have shown steady progress. They lost to Hanover Park and Marlboro.
- Hanover Park (4-2) – The hive is alive. The Hornets have stumbled against Chatham and Mendham but they are a dangerous crew.
- Morris Knolls (4-2) – The Golden Eagles don’t have the size they had last year but display good balance and depth.
- Jefferson (5-1) – They were knocked off by Knolls during the holiday tournament season but the Falcons are another team with depth and tenacity.
Knocking on the door:
Randolph (2-6) has struggled but the Rams have too much talent and ability to continue losing games at the rate they have so far this season. They are 1-2 against Morris County opponents.